In 2018 and beyond, WRS will continue to work towards a more sustainable future through efforts in resource optimization and sustainability advocacy.
• Reduce our carbon footprint by lowering electricity consumption (by 2.5% in 2018), lowering water consumption (by 5% in 2018), converting our trams from petrol to electric, and improving public transportation to our parks
• Reduce waste by reusing and re-purposing materials where possible, reducing single-use plastics by replacing them with reusable options or converting them to alternative sustainable materials, and improving recycling infrastructure in our parks
• Raise awareness and encourage a more sustainable lifestyle among our guests and the community through communication within our parks and participation in external outreach events
• Nurture sustainability champions in the next generation through our school programs, engagement with youth leaders and collaborations with school groups
• Demonstrate active global citizenry by supporting local sustainability initiatives and being a leading voice in the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) for environmental sustainability and conservation
CONTACT: Foo Wan Xuan, Sustainability Senior Executive